Portsmouth Methodist Church

Trinity History

Our Building

There has been a Methodist place of worship on the Francis Avenue site since the 1890s. 

                                 Tin Tab 

The original 'Tin Tabernacle', shown here in model form, was a prefabricated building erected on the corner of Francis Avenue and Albert Road.

In 1901, the current centre building was erected on the same site. This building is an impressive two-story, red brick structure (grade 2 listed) , with an impressive tower, (likened to the Campanile Di San Marco, Venice) and is a well known local landmark.